Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sunday Night Sketching

Today my friend Abby and I went shopping in the Southcenter/Renton area. This turned out to be a terrible (awesome) idea. Below, my purchases:

-An excessive amount of picture frames for photos I probably won't get around to printing for a really, really long time
-South of Broad, a book that had to buy (even though school starts imminently) because it is based in South Carolina and has an idyllic drawing of a little southern town on the cover
-A Disney Princess sticker book, that I convinced myself I will use for a collage in one of the picture frames mentioned above
-Three huge candles that were 50% off and don't have holders
-A bag of Swedish Fish (from Ikea)

And finally... a sketchpad and charcoals. In effect, a lot of stuff I do not need. But in my defense I did eat most of the Swedish Fish, and, to prove to myself that I didn't waste $10 on a bunch of black sooty rocks, I drew a little eye. See below.


So worth it.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha you crack me up girl. from shortening decent to dec and trying to convince me it was cool, i am so happy you are finally writing because now that i cant see you all the time i can read your blog and laugh about the trials of your daily life :) good justification with the swedish fish.

    ReplyDelete